Buying a micro 4 3 pancake lens seems like an easy job, but not everytime. There are many micro 4 3 pancake lens available from different makers, which is to the point of stunned you. According to the accomplishment, quality, longevity and overall user experience, they are so similar that you may get hard to make your final buying decision. At that point, all you need is a good buying guide to help you find the ideal micro 4 3 pancake lens for your needs.
In this useful article, we will discuss a few important factors to consider before purchasing a micro 4 3 pancake lens. You may think of it as a proper evaluation guideline for you, as it will cover the upsides and downsides of your desired product, as well as its sustainability, affordability, functionalities, and practical advantages. There will also be a solid comparison of a few related products. As a result, you can easily pick the best one for your demands. Let’s take a look inside.
At a Glance
|MEIKE MK-35mm F/1.4 Manual Focus Large Aperture Lens Compatible with Olympus Panasonic Micro Four Thirds M4/3 System Mirrorless Camera||Buy Now|
|Panasonic LUMIX G II Lens, 14mm, F2.5 ASPH., Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds, H-H014AK (USA BLACK)||Buy Now|
|Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Lens, for Micro Four Thirds Camera (Black)||Buy Now|
|Meike 35mm F1.4 Large Aperture Manual Focus Prime MFT Lens for Micro Four Thirds M43 Compatible with Olympus and Panasonic Mirrorless Cameras and BMPCC GH6 OM-1||Buy Now|
|Panasonic LUMIX G Lens, 25mm, F1.7 ASPH, Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds, H-H025K (USA Black)||Buy Now|
|Olympus M.Zuiko 9mm F8.0 Fisheye Body Cap Lens BCL-0980 for Micro Four Thirds Cameras||Buy Now|
|Sigma 402963 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Micro Four Thirds, Black||Buy Now|
|Panasonic LUMIX G X Vario Power Zoom Lens, 45-175MM, F4.0-5.6 ASPH, MIRRORLESS Micro Four Thirds, Power Optical I.S, H-PS45175K (USA Black)||Buy Now|
|Meike 25mm F1.8 Large Aperture Wide Angle Lens Manual Focus Lens Compatible with Panasonic Lumix Olypums M43 Mount Mirrorless Cameras GH4 GH5 GH6||Buy Now|
|Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R Zoom Lens, for Micro Four Thirds Cameras (Black)||Buy Now|
Reviews of 10 leading micro 4 3 pancake lens’s
We tried to determine the best ten micro 4 3 pancake lens from hundreds of products in this section. This list will make you feel certain that you will be able to obtain your desired micro 4 3 pancake lens in a matter of minutes. We focused on their utility, performance, durability, outlook, affordability, and previous user experiences. We are sure that this top 10 micro 4 3 pancake lens list will help you in finding the perfect one that matches your requirements.
MEIKE MK-35mm F/1.4 Manual Focus Large Aperture Lens Compatible with Olympus Panasonic Micro Four Thirds M4/3 System Mirrorless Camera
- Lens construction: 8 elements 5 groups, aperture range of f1.4-f16
- The minimum focusing distance of 0.4mm, focal length of 35mm, equivalent focal length is 52.5mm
- The APS-C Frame Angle of view is 43°, M4/3 Frame is 35°, filter size of 49mm, the weight only 220g easy to carry when you shooting indoor or outdoor
- Compatible with All M4/3 APS-C frame mirrorless camera such as G1 G2 G3 G5 G6 G7 GF1 GF2 GF3 GF5 GF6 GM1 GM5 GM10 GX1 E-PL2 E-PL3 E-PL5 E-PL6 E-PL7
- Lens Not Attached:MANUAL LENS need you to enable”M mode” or “Release without lens” in the setting of camera.
Panasonic LUMIX G II Lens, 14mm, F2.5 ASPH., Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds, H-H014AK (USA BLACK)
- Lumia MFT lens – wide angle 14mm lens MFT mount has compatible with Micro Four Thirds mounted cameras, including Lumia g Mirrorless Digital Cameras
- Wide aperture – wide F2.5 aperture is outstanding for narrow depth of field shots with good booked background defocus, and sharp low light photography.
- Low profile lens – the super narrow profile of this “pancake type” lens makes it a good choice for low weight travel and snapshot photography
- Filter size – 46mm filter thread
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Lens, for Micro Four Thirds Camera (Black)
- Collapsible ultra portable electric zoom lens
- Close focusing down to 7.87 inches, Focal Length : 14 42 mm
- 3x zoom range covers everything from landscapes to portraits
- Remote control of zoom available with smart phone app
- Optional auto closing lens cap available
Meike 35mm F1.4 Large Aperture Manual Focus Prime MFT Lens for Micro Four Thirds M43 Compatible with Olympus and Panasonic Mirrorless Cameras and BMPCC GH6 OM-1
- Works with Olympus mirrorless camera E-P1 E-PL1 E-P2 E-PL2 E-P3 E-PL3 E-PL5 E-PM1 E-PM2 OM-D E-M5 E-P5 OM-D E-M1 OMD-EM10 and other Olympus Micro 4/3 cameras Panasonic Lumix G9 G1 G2 G3 G5 GF1 GF2 GF3 GF5 GF6 GF7 GH1 GH2 GH3 GH5 G6 GX1 GX7 GX8 GH4 GM1 GM5 -D E-M5 E-P5 OM-D E-M1 OMD-EM10 and other Panasonic Lumix Micro M4/3 MFT cameras
- Lens Structure:5 Groups 8 Elements
- Fixed focal length 35mm,Wide angle lens. Maximum aperture of 1.4-16 delivers smooth bokeh,fit Close-up/portrait photo photography
- Lens Not Attached : MANUAL LENS need you to enable “M mode ” or “Release without lens” in the setting of camera
- It is a Wide Angle Lens, suitables for Landscape ,Product and Portrait Photography
Panasonic LUMIX G Lens, 25mm, F1.7 ASPH, Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds, H-H025K (USA Black)
- Micro Four Thirds a versatile MFT 25 millimeter lens with a natural viewing angle Suitable for a wide variety of occasions (35 millimeter camera equivalent: 50 millimeter)
- F1.7 brightness beautiful background bokeh effect from its large diameter F1.7 aperture
- Super lightweight compact at only 125G/ 2.05 inches Length, Lens construction 8 elements in 7 groups (2 aspherical lenses, 1 UHR lens)
- Photo and video Hybrid photography enabled for both photo and HD video recording with quiet and smooth fast action stepping motor focusing
- Angle of View: 47°
Olympus M.Zuiko 9mm F8.0 Fisheye Body Cap Lens BCL-0980 for Micro Four Thirds Cameras
- Body cap with built-in fisheye lens
- Ultra-wide 18mm equivalent field of view
- Great discreet street shooting lens
- All-glass lens elements
- Manual focus only with close-up and infinity focus settings
Sigma 402963 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Micro Four Thirds, Black
- A wide-angle prime, this 16mm f/1. 4 is designed for micro Four Thirds mount Mirrorless cameras and provides a 24mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1. 4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords greater focus control for producing shallow Depth of field effects.
- Three FLD elements, two Sled elements, and two molded aspherical elements to help reduce color fringing, chromatic aberrations, and spherical aberrations for notable sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy from Edge to edge.
- A super multi-layer coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlight conditions.
Panasonic LUMIX G X Vario Power Zoom Lens, 45-175MM, F4.0-5.6 ASPH, MIRRORLESS Micro Four Thirds, Power Optical I.S, H-PS45175K (USA Black)
- 90mm-350mm in 35mm equivalent zoom
- Nano Surface Coating technology minimizes reflections at entire visual light range
- POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) integrated into the lens makes it easy to shoot sharp images even in low-lit situations
- Power zoom; Minimum Aperture: F22
Meike 25mm F1.8 Large Aperture Wide Angle Lens Manual Focus Lens Compatible with Panasonic Lumix Olypums M43 Mount Mirrorless Cameras GH4 GH5 GH6
- Lens Not Attached : MANUAL LENS need you to enable “M mode ” or “Release without lens” in the setting of camera
- Fixed focal length 25mm,Wide angle lens. Maximum aperture of 1.8-16 delivers smooth bokeh,fit Close-up/portrait photo photography
- Lens construction is 7 elements in 5 groups, multi-layer coatings
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.25m,Full-frame Visual angle:diagonal 61° horizontal 50° vertical 35°
- For Micro 4/3 system cameras.Metal body, lightweight and portable
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R Zoom Lens, for Micro Four Thirds Cameras (Black)
- 3.75x zoom lens
- Macro focus range: 90 centimeter, focal length: 40 to 150 millimeter
- Lightweight, portable design, 80 to 300 millimeter equivalent field of view
- Nearly silent movie and still compatible auto focus, perfect choice for second lens
- Great for portraits and sports; Maximum reproduction ratio:- 1:6.25
Micro 4 3 Pancake Lens buying guide
It is impossible to know everything about everything as a human being. Being the jack of all trade is not a matter of joke. So if you go through a proper buying guide before buying a micro 4 3 pancake lens you may have not to become a fool just because of not knoiwing anything earliar.
You don’t have to be an expert on that specific product to buy it. Just emphasize on few important things which we are going to discuss in the below. Having taken those simple aspects into consideration may make your buying experience more enjoyable and simple. Let’s jump to the main topic
Understand Your Requirements
The first thing to learn is what your needs or requirements are. If you are not aware of your needs well, then there is a good possibility of buying the wrong products at a wrong time with a good amount of investment. So, first and foremost, we recommend that you carefully consider your requirements for a micro 4 3 pancake lens. To make it easier make a short list about your needs. This simple task will lead you to make your buying process easier. Then you will be able to know your prioroties which is the most important thing.
Budget vs. Cost
Without thinking about budget, this is tough to decide when you buy anything. Any amount can be set on the price tag of your desired product. That depends on different expences like raw material purchasing, manufacturing, transportation, operational costs and their brand value playes a huge role there. The higher quality you demand, the higher amount of money you may have to spend for that. Budget matters so much for this reason. And it is true as a universal truth for the micro 4 3 pancake lens too.
There is a popular proverb in our society, “Cut your coat, according to your cloth”. First of all, find out those products as you listed before that you really want. Check their features and prices carefully.With your deep observation, make a proper comparison among them and select one that you need. Now make a question inward your mind that you are really financially capable enough to purchase that specific micro 4 3 pancake lens or not? If the answer is positive, then go for it without any hesitation. But if not, then you must think about the second best option from that search list.
Choose the Right Brand
Some of the time it happens we are being loved to use some specific products of specific brands which is totally from psychologiocal attachment. Sometimes, this practice results good and sometimes doesn’t. However, there is no way to argue with the concept of relying on well-known brands. Because having enough cash in your pocket makes making decisions half as easy. But don’t rely blindly because not every brand makes everything best. That’s why you need to be very careful whether you are choosing the right brand for your specific product or not.
There are two categories of people in the world. One is totally dependent on a specific brand, while the other is unworried. All he needs is the right product for what he is paying for. We have no idea from which part you belong to.Still, there are a few hints that may be beneficial to every one of both whenever it comes to selecting the right brands for the best quality.
- Make certain you are familiar with the brand.
- What people are saying about this brand.
- What is the average rating for that brand’s specific product?
- Compare the features with what others are providing.
- Are those features sufficient for your needs?
Take a look at the section on Features.
When you purchase a micro 4 3 pancake lens, your first duty is to check the features of it. This is the best way to know about a product and get a clear concept. It will make you understand, that product does match with your requirements or not.
This part will help you to identify the differences with others. Then you can compare with similar products through the features. Your decision making will be far easier when you will do this simple task because of getting idea about the quality after doing so.
Check the Benefits and Drawbacks
Every product has advantages and disadvantages. Before buying a product it’s one’s responsibility to check out the product carefully. So, keep yourself cool and figure out the negatives you expected from that micro 4 3 pancake lens. Maybe some other manufacturer made the perfect one for you. Just don’t be too lazy to compare with them before you make the final move.
The part of Pros and Cons can be found on most websites. That section should be read with caution. If you have any further questions, simply contact them via email or phone to seek their assistance.
Quality and Longevity
Color, Style, Performance, Materials, and, most importantly, Durability are all factors that contribute to quality. You must think about those quality related facts before buying anything else. Don’t you think that you are paying for it? Does this micro 4 3 pancake lens is such valuable against your investment? The quality you will get, is the answer of this question.
Warranty and Return Policy Are Important
Thousands of manufacturers are producing products. Higher quality are being maintained by many of them. To make us known about those products, they make also creative advertisements. Nothing found wrong yet. But let me remind about Warranty and After Sales Service. For many, it’s really a big deal and it is quite able to make a big difference.
You should never ignore these important facts like Warranty, guarantee and also return policies. No matter how quality the product is, nobody can claim its eternity. Not a single thing will last forever in this universe. Still, don’t you think that you deserve a minimum return of value from that micro 4 3 pancake lens as you paid for that? That’s why you need to be more careful about checking policies. Sometimes, there can be found few policies which may seem obscure and not clear enough by their words. Never be hesitated to ask their delegate about the facts which are unintelligible and be clear every single thing.
Checking FAQ & Customer Reviews make your task easy
Checking FAQ answers and customer reviews can be time savior for you. There are few common questions people asked before and they are answered as well is called the Frequently Asked Questions or FAQ. In the mean time, you can get a clear picture of the product according to the experience of the real users of it through the customer reviews.
You will get idea of both by checking out those two things. You will surely get such answers which you may not even think to ask before. Then percieving about the micro 4 3 pancake lens’s effectiveness will be more easy.
So the last word is never make mistake to consider the value you are getting from the micro 4 3 pancake lens is fair enough against the price you are paying for it. Have you been able to satisfied with that? Does your demands be fullfilled with that? We think this is the most important part.
Hope you have enojoyed this whole article which was actually a buying guide that will lead you to buy the best micro 4 3 pancake lens. Nobody can feel happier than us if this article come useful to you. At the end of the day, if you are satisfied, then we will be happy.