Buying a leica m portrait lens seems like an easy job, but not everytime. Hundreds of leica m portrait lens are being introduced everyday in the market which are enough to make you confused. According to the accomplishment, quality, longevity and overall user experience, they are so similar that you may get hard to make your final buying decision. At that point, all you need is a good buying guide to help you find the ideal leica m portrait lens for your needs.
In this part, you will get to know about few essential matters which you need to take into count while buying a leica m portrait lens. It can be considered an appropriate review guideline for you, as it will cover the advantages and disadvantages of your desired product, as well as its sustainability, affordability, features, and practical benefits. A solid comparison among a few similar products will be included as well. Now you can easily choose the best one for you. Let’s take a look at what’s going on inside.
|Voigtlander 75mm f/1.5 Nokton Aspherical Lens – VM Leica M Mount Lens – Silver||Buy Now|
|7artisans 50mm f1.1 Manual Lens for Leica M Mount M-M M240 M3 M6 M7 M8 M9p M10 – Black||Buy Now|
|7artisans 75mm F1.25 Manual Focus Fixed Mirrorless Camera Lens for Leica M-Mount Cameras Compatible for Leica M-M Leica M240 Leica M3 Leica M6 Leica M7 Leica M8 Leica M9 Leica M9p Leica M10||Buy Now|
|Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens||Buy Now|
|ZEISS Ikon Plannar T* ZM 2/50 Standard Camera Lens for Leica M-Mount Rangefinder Cameras||Buy Now|
|Panasonic LUMIX Professional 12-60mm Camera Lens, Leica DG Vario-ELMARIT, F2.8-4.0 ASPH, Dual I.S. 2.0 with Power O.I.S, Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds, H-ES12060 (Black)||Buy Now|
|Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Instant Film Camera (Brown)||Buy Now|
|OLYMPUS OM-D E-M5 Mark III Black Body with Black M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-45mm F4.0 PRO Lens Kit||Buy Now|
|Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM Full-Frame Large-Aperture G Master Lens||Buy Now|
|Meike 85mm f1.8 Large Aperture Full Frame Auto Focus Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS EF Mount Digital SLR Camera Compatible with APS C Bodies Such as 1D 5D3 5D4 6D 7D 70D 550D 80D||Buy Now|
Reviews of 10 leading leica m portrait lens’s
In this section, we attempted to extract the top ten leica m portrait lens from thousands of products. This list will make you feel easy to get your desired leica m portrait lens within a few minutes. We prioritized their utility, performance, durability, look, cost, and previous user experiences. We can assure, this top 10 leica m portrait lens list will assist you to choose the exact one which meets your requirements.
- Light Weight
- Aspheric Element
- Leica M mount
- Compact Size
- 7 Elements in 6 Groups.Compability: Leica M4P M6 M7 M8 M9 M9p M10 M240 M240P ME M262 M-M
- Ideal Aperture with 12 Diaphragm Blades
- Aluminum Body and Copper Core, Sonnar Structure. Compact and Lightweight 14.1oz/400g
- With A Leica M Lens to Sony E-Mount Adapter, this lens can be Auto-Focus When Used with Sony A7II/ A7RII
- Super Optical Quality: Optimized for Working on Full Aperture with the Great Sharpness and Contrast. High Refractive Optical Glasses (More than 1.9). Fast Aperture and Lowest Chromatic Aberration
7artisans 75mm F1.25 Manual Focus Fixed Mirrorless Camera Lens for Leica M-Mount Cameras Compatible for Leica M-M Leica M240 Leica M3 Leica M6 Leica M7 Leica M8 Leica M9 Leica M9p Leica M10
- 7artisans 75mm F1.25 lens optics contains 7 elements in 6 groups and is based on Sonnar formula.
- This is smallest F1.25 portrait lens in the world and it is compatible with rangefinder camera and mirrorless camera.
- The optimized modern algorithm and polishing technology, we can guarantee the high precision of large size glass while in production.
- Wide Compatibility: Leica M-M Leica M240 Leica M3 Leica M6 Leica M7 Leica M8 Leica M9 Leica M9p Leica M10
- We use lots of brass structural components for the lens to combine the size and solidity. The weight of 600g makes sure that it’s comfortable to rotate the focus ring. The special compressed bokeh of 75mm is more dramatic than that of 35mm and 50mm. And we can create portraits under different lighting conditions with super large aperture.
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- MINIMIZED FOCUS SHIFT: ZEISS T* ZM-mount lenses are specifically designed to minimize focus shift with aperture changes – an important innovation with big benefits for rangefinder photography. As a result, you can expect improved accuracy of the rangefinder-defined focus while the precise 10-blade aperture with 1/3 stop interval click stops ensures exact exposure.
- EXCELLENT IMAGE QUALITY: ZEISS lenses offer the highest possible standards in terms of performance, reliability and, of course, image quality. Quite simply, they are superior in every way. You can count on highly advanced flare control for crisp and brilliant images, and virtually zero geometric distortion, ensuring precise accuracy when reproducing shapes – especially useful when photographing products and architecture.
- IDEAL APERTURE PROPERTIES: The finely tuned features of the optical design on ZEISS ZM lenses ensure a spectacualr bokeh, with particularly harmonious effect of the blurred areas of the image. The ten diaphragm blades and the resulting, virtually circular aperture on ZEISS SLR lenses are crucial to favorable rendition of highlights in the foreground and background.
- ROBUST DESIGN: The mount and control elements of all ZM lenses are made of metal and are designed for decades of intensive use. The high-quality craftsmanship of the all-metal mounts, the easy-to-grip metal focus and aperture ring and the robust front bayonet and filter threads ensure an amazing photographic experience.
- SMOOTH & PRECISE FOCUSING: Manually focusing a lens means controlling the image result from your fingertips. A good ergonomic design makes all the difference. The user-friendly focusing ring on ZEISS lenses with an ergonomic finger rest is perfect for fast, precise focusing. Changes are immediately visible in the viewfinder. The high-quality focusing mechanism moves smoothly without play, thus also supporting the intuitive interaction with the focal plane.
Panasonic LUMIX Professional 12-60mm Camera Lens, Leica DG Vario-ELMARIT, F2.8-4.0 ASPH, Dual I.S. 2.0 with Power O.I.S, Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds, H-ES12060 (Black)
- NANO SURFACE COATING: Professional, high quality LEICA DG VARIO ELMARIT camera lens optics with Panasonic’s Nano Surface Coating to reduce unwanted ghosting and flaring for crystal clear pictures (4 ASPH / 2 UED)
- HIGH SPEED AUTO FOCUSING: Upgraded faster focus tracking via a 240 fps linear motor performs smooth aperture changes so there are no sudden jumps in exposure for improved video performance
- ADVANCED OPTICAL IMAGE STABILIZATION: Panasonic POWER O.I.S. compatible with enhanced LUMIX Dual I.S. 2.0 LUMIX Mirrorless cameras immediately compensates even large camera shake and vibrations for sharp, blur free photos
- STANDARD ZOOM LENS: A 5X optical 24 to 120 millimeter (35 millimeter camera equivalent) focal length with F2.8 4.0 ASPH provides flexible framing from breathtaking landscapes to beautiful, mid telephoto 60 millimeter portraits
- RUGGED HIGH PERFORMANCE DESIGN: Durable metal body camera lens braves the elements in nearly any kind of weather or shooting location (Splashproof / Dustproof / Freezeproof); Minimum Aperture:F22. Extra Low Dispersion (ED) lenses correct chromatic aberration rendering sharp, high contrast images with clear colors from corner to corner
- Automatically detects the brightness of the surrounding and adjusts the amount of flash and shutter speed to optimize photo quality; Lens: F=60 millimeter, F=12.7
- Double exposure mode 2 images are produced on 1 film sheet by pressing the shutter twice, automatic film feeding out
- Bulb mode the shutter remains open while the shutter button is depressed (10 seconds maximum) and a light trail can be photographed
- Macro mode short distance photography as close as 30 – 60 centimeter; Film size: 86 millimeter x 54 millimeter; Picture size: 62 millimeter x 46 millimeter
- Kids mode suitable for photographing kids, pets and other fast moving subjects due to a fast shutter speed
- Portable, weathersealed design
- 121-Point All-Cross-Type On-Chip Phase Detection AF
- Compact, In-Body 5-Axis Image Stabilization (up to approx. 5.5 EV steps of compensation)
- 50MP Tripod High-Res Shot
- 20MP Live MOS Sensor
- Image Stabilization: Sensor-Shift
- Video Capture Resolution: 2K Dci 1080P
- Viewfinder Type: Lcd
- Compact F1.2 prime lens w/ awe-inspiring G Master resolution and bokeh
- F1.2 max aperture for extraordinary shallow depth of field
- Three (XA) Extreme Aspheric elements for stunning resolution
- 11-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Compact, lightweight design: Ideal for both full-frame and APS-C2
Meike 85mm f1.8 Large Aperture Full Frame Auto Focus Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS EF Mount Digital SLR Camera Compatible with APS C Bodies Such as 1D 5D3 5D4 6D 7D 70D 550D 80D
- Filter size is 67mm, minimum focus distance with 0.85m
- Lens aperture range is F/1.8-F/22, lens construction with 6 groups of 9 pieces
- Full frame view: level: 16 degree / vertical: 24 degrees / diagonal: 28.5 degrees
- Lens carrying the usual electronic contacts, but also a USB connection that can be used to upgrade the lens firmware
- Suitable for a wide range of other subjects, including selective architecture, landscapes, portrait, short range sports and theatre photography
Best Leica M Portrait Lens Buying Guides
As a human being, this is quite impossible to know everything well. You can know about some more thing but you cann’t be a jack of all trades. In that case, going through a proper buying guide can save us from being fool after purchasing a leica m portrait lens just because of not knowing properly earlier.
For purchasing purposes, you do not need to be an expert on that specific product. Just concentrate on a few key points that will be discussed further down. Considering those simple things might make your shopping smooth and easy. Let’s begin.
Understand Your Needs
The very first thing you should know is your needs or requirement. When you’re not well aware of your requirements, there is a high possibility that you will purchase the incorrect things at the wrong time and waste a significant amount of money. So, first of all and probably most important, we suggest that you take time to consider your necessities for a leica m portrait lens. Simply create a list of your requirements. This simple task will assist you in shortening the purchasing process. Because you will then be able to determine what has to be prioritized and what should be avoided.
Budget Vs Price
Budget is one of the most important issue to think about before you decide to buy anything. Any amount of price can be set for your desired product. Basically company’s brand value and the manufaturing costs including raw materials, management, logistics and other operational costs mainly play the key role at the time of pricing a product. The higher quality you want from your product, the higher amount of bucks you may need to cost for that. That’s why budget matters so much. This is almost a universal truth and it is effective for your leica m portrait lens also.
People says, “Cut your coat, according to your cloth”. First thing you can do is finding out products on internet as per your wishlist. Check the features and costs carefully.With your deep observation, make a proper comparison among them and select one that you need. Now, ask yourself whether your pocket is capable enough to spend such number of bucks or not for that particular leica m portrait lens? Without any hesitation, go for it if the answer is yes. If not, then go for an alternative which suits your budget and requirements both.
Choosing the Best Brand
Due to our psychological attachments, we are frequently prejudiced towards certain companies. But not everytime this practice results get good. But there is no way of disagreeing with the idea of relying on renowned brands. Because having enough cash in your pocket makes it half as easy to make decisions. But please note that not all brand are necessary for adequate. As a result, you must be extremely cautious while selecting the proper brand for your unique product.
People are divided into two main categories. One is fully dependent on a specific brand, while the other is unconcerned. All he requires is the appropriate product for his budget. We have no idea which type you represent.But there are few tips which may come adjuvant for both of you at the time of choosing the right brand for the right product.
- Make certain you are familiar with the brand.
- What other people have to say about this brand.
- And what’s the average rating for that brand’s particular product?
- Compare the features to what others offer.
- Are those features sufficient to meet your requirements?
Take a look at the section on Features.
While buying a leica m portrait lens, the very first thing to check its features whether you buy it online or offline. By doing so, you will surely get a clear idea about the product. You may percieve then easily that your chosen product is capable enough to fullfill your requirements or not.
This part will help you to identify the differences with others. Then you can compare it to similar products based on the features. One will gain a better understanding of quality as a result of this task, making it easier to reach our final decision.
Check the Benefits and Drawbacks
Every item has its own set of advantages and pitfalls. Before buying any product it’s your responsibility to check out all things carefully. So, be cool and figure out what flaws that leica m portrait lens has that you demanded. Perhaps another manufacturer created the ideal one for you. Just don’t be too lazy to compare your options to theirs before making your final decision.
The section of Pros and Cons can be found on most websites. Carefully read that section. If still there any question rises in your mind, just ask on their support though mailing them or via phone call.
Quality and Endurance
Color, Style, Performance, Materials, and, most importantly, Durability all contribute to the overall quality of a product. Before buying anything, you must think about those facts which ensure the quality. End of the day, this is what you are paying for. Do you think this leica m portrait lens deserves the inevestment that you want to do for it? The quality you will get, is the answer of this question.
Warranty & Return Policy Matters
Hundreds of companies are making products everyday. Good quality products are being maintained by some of them. And then we are being known about their products through their creative advertisements. Everything sounds good. But let me give you reminder of one thing which is After Sales Service. You may take this thing lightly, but it can create a huge difference.
It is going to be huge mistake if you forget to check the facts like warranty, gurantee and return policies. Antyhing can be occured even after buying the best quality product by spending a huge amount of money. Nothing lasts forever. But the insvestment you are going to for the leica m portrait lens, don’t you expect a minimum return of value from that? That’s why don’t forget to be careful at the time of checking policies. Sometimes, you may find some policies which looks mystical and not clear enough through their written words. At that moment, don’t forget to be clear the unintelligible issues by asking their delegates.
To use FAQs and Customer Reviews helps to simplify your task.
One of the most time savior trick is checking customer reviews and FAQ answers. FAQs are few common questions that were asked frequently by mass people like you and they have been answered as well. On the other hand, you will get a real life experience through the customer reviews in which they share their sotries about the product.
You will get idea of both by checking out those two things. By going through those, you may find such informations which sometimes doesn’t come into our mind. Then percieving about the leica m portrait lens’s effectiveness will be more easy.
One last word, don’t forget to consider the price you are paying for the leica m portrait lens is logical enough against the value it is providing to you. Does it make you happy or not? Does it fulfill your intention? That’s the thing that should get the most importance we guess.
Hope you enjoyed the whole article which was actually a buying guide to assist you purchasing the best leica m portrait lens. Even if you find this a bit of handy for you, then all the efforts we put will get success. At the end of the day, your satisfaction matters most to us.