Buying a canon fd portrait lens seems like an easy job, but not everytime. There are many canon fd portrait lens accessible from various producers in the market which are adequate to make you bamboozled. They are so similar in terms of performance, quality, longevity, and overall user experience that you may find it difficult to make a final purchasing decision. On that occasion, a proper buying guide can assist you to choose the best suitable canon fd portrait lens for you before you click on the ‘Buy’ button.
In this useful article, we will discuss a few important factors to consider before purchasing a canon fd portrait lens. You can think of it as a proper review guideline for you, as it will cover the pros and cons of your desired product, such as its energy efficiency, cost and availability, functions, and practical benefits. There will also be a solid comparison of a few related products. As a result, you’ll be able to quickly select the best option for your requirements. Let’s have a look at it from the inside.
|Canon Zoom Lens FD 100-300mm f5.6 for Canon A-1 AE-1 AT-1 Film SLR||Buy Now|
|Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens||Buy Now|
|Lightdow 85mm F1.8 Medium Telephoto Manual Focus Full Frame Portrait Lens for Canon EOS Rebel T8i T7i T7 T6 T3i T2i 4000D 2000D 1300D 850D 800D 600D 550D 90D 80D 77D 70D 50D 6D 5D etc||Buy Now|
|Altura Photo 58MM 0.35x Fisheye Canon Wide Angle Lens (w/Macro Portion) for DSLR Cameras EOS Rebel 70D 77D 80D 90D T8i T7 T7i T6i T6s T6 T5i T5 T4i T3i T100 SL1 SL2 SL3 – Wide Angle Lens Canon Mount||Buy Now|
|Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens||Buy Now|
|Canon RF35mm F1.8 IS Macro STM Lens, Black||Buy Now|
|Canon Portrait and Travel Two Lens Kit with 50mm f/1.8 and 10-18mm Lenses (Renewed)||Buy Now|
|Meike 85mm f1.8 Large Aperture Full Frame Auto Focus Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS EF Mount Digital SLR Camera Compatible with APS C Bodies Such as 1D 5D3 5D4 6D 7D 70D 550D 80D||Buy Now|
|YONGNUO YN50mm F1.8 Lens Large Aperture Auto Focus Lens for Canon EF Mount EOS Cameras||Buy Now|
|Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Standard and Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras, Fixed||Buy Now|
Reviews of 10 leading canon fd portrait lens’s
In this section, we tried to extract the top ten canon fd portrait lens from thousands of items. This list will make you feel easy to get your desired canon fd portrait lens within a few minutes. We have emphasized their usefulness, performance, durability, outlook, affordability, and previous user experiences. We are confident that this top 10 canon fd portrait lens list will assist you in selecting the perfect one that matches your needs.
- Quality Canon Telephoto Zoom Lens with FD Mount
- For Film SLRs such as F-1 A-1 AE-1 AT-1 AV-1
- Powerful Zoom from 100-300mm
- Great for portrait to wildlife photography
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
Lightdow 85mm F1.8 Medium Telephoto Manual Focus Full Frame Portrait Lens for Canon EOS Rebel T8i T7i T7 T6 T3i T2i 4000D 2000D 1300D 850D 800D 600D 550D 90D 80D 77D 70D 50D 6D 5D etc
- – 8 pieces of circular aperture, smooth and large focus rings internal focusing(IF) hybrid aspherical lenses (H-ASP), ultra multi coating(UMC)
- – FULL MANUAL FOCUS OPERATION: require complete manual focus operation on dslr camera to align with lens body, NOT suitable for SLR beginners, recommended for photographers with excellent experience in equipment.
- – Compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T7, T7i, T6, T6i, T5, T5i, SL2, 80D, 77D, 700D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 600D, 550D, 200D, 150D, 100D, 1300D, 1400D, 1500D etc.
- Warm Tips: This is a MANUAL FOCUS LENS, NO Electronic Contacts, your camera will not detect the lens when mounted, that’s why it shows “NO LENS ATTACHED”, please switch to MF MODE in order to use this lens correctly. Tips to use our Manual Lens: 1) Set the mode dial to Manual (M). 2) Set the Release w/o Lens option in the camera menu to Enable. 3) Set the Shutter lock option in the camera menu to Off: no lens.
- – Large Aperture with a pleasing bokeh quality to further enhance shallow depth of field images
Altura Photo 58MM 0.35x Fisheye Canon Wide Angle Lens (w/Macro Portion) for DSLR Cameras EOS Rebel 70D 77D 80D 90D T8i T7 T7i T6i T6s T6 T5i T5 T4i T3i T100 SL1 SL2 SL3 – Wide Angle Lens Canon Mount
- High performance: This 2 in 1 fisheye lens features a detachable macro lens to allow you take close- up sharp images in high resolution. The fisheye lens lets you to achieve unique and intriguing effects by exaggerating the depth of field in your images.
- This kit is compatible with 58MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera’s lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by an “Ø” (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø58 = 58mm lens thread size.
- Lens Compatibilities: Popular 58MM Lens models include EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM. These lenses are commonly found on the following camera models: CANON Rebel (T6i T6s T5i T5 T4i T3i T2i T1i XT XTi XSi), CANON EOS (750D 760D 650D 600D 550D 500D 450D 400D 350D 300D 7D 60D) and more.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: Backed with Digital Goja 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Full time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF mode
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.16 meters /0.5 feet
- This product is compatible with all non full frame Canon EOS digital SLRs
- Compact macro Lens with 0.5x Magnification Ratio
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.56 ft. ; 0.17M
- Control Ring for direct setting changes
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 Stops of shake Correction
- 12 pin Communication System
- Compatible with EOS R series cameras
- Mounting type: Canon RF
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is a compact, lightweight fixed focal length lens ideal for everyday photos, and with a large f/1.8 aperture, a perfect lens for low-light photography and creative background blur
- EF-S10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM is an EF-S ultra-wide zoom lens with an impressive starting focal length (16mm in 35mm equivalence). For expansive scenery from tall buildings to inspiring mountain ranges, the wide angle of view from the EF-S 10–18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM helps you achieve vivid colors and details during your travels
- A stepping motor (Gear-type STM) supports the Movie Servo AF function in providing smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when shooting photos
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM:Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35m); maximum magnification of 0.21x. EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM:Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM :Circular aperture (7 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.Metal mount helps provide stability and ruggedness
Meike 85mm f1.8 Large Aperture Full Frame Auto Focus Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS EF Mount Digital SLR Camera Compatible with APS C Bodies Such as 1D 5D3 5D4 6D 7D 70D 550D 80D
- Filter size is 67mm, minimum focus distance with 0.85m
- Lens aperture range is F/1.8-F/22, lens construction with 6 groups of 9 pieces
- Full frame view: level: 16 degree / vertical: 24 degrees / diagonal: 28.5 degrees
- Lens carrying the usual electronic contacts, but also a USB connection that can be used to upgrade the lens firmware
- Suitable for a wide range of other subjects, including selective architecture, landscapes, portrait, short range sports and theatre photography
- F1.8 large aperture,virtual background, which makes photography with more fun.
- Support auto focus and manual focus mode, full-frame and APS-C format cameras, 5 groups 6 slices Lens structure
- Supports M/AV/TV/P and other camera shooting modes,and can be displayed the aperture data in the EXIF Informatio
- Closest focusing distance:0.45 meter
- Maximum magnification and field of view:0.15×160×240mm (when located to 0.45 meter)
- Standard focal length 50 millimeter lens is effective in a multitude of shooting situations and ideal for day-to-day shooting
- Elements/Groups: 7/6, Diaphragm: Blades 8, Filter Thread: Font 58 millimeter. Minimum focusing distance: 17.8 inch
- An f/1.4 maximum aperture provides clear imaging in low light situations and shallow depth of field
- Ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) operation is fast, smooth and virtually silent
- 2 high-refraction lens elements and new Gaussian optics eliminate astigmatism and suppress astigmatic difference
- This large aperture standard prime lens has superior peripheral brightness even at the maximum aperture
- Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups, Filter size: 77 millimeter
- Optimized for Digital – super multi-layer coating minimizes flare and ghosting – a common problem of digital cameras
- The optimum optical design and molded glass aspherical lens elements provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations, including coma aberration, resulting in superior optical performance
- The Hypersonic Motor (HSM) ensures silent, high speed auto-focusing as well as full time manual focusing capability
Best Canon Fd Portrait Lens Buying Guides
It is impossible to ascertain everything about anything as a human being. You can know about some more thing but you cann’t be a jack of all trades. In that scenario, reading a thorough buying guide can spare us from making a costly mistake after purchasing a canon fd portrait lens due to a lack of knowledge.
You do not have to be an expert on that specific product in order to purchase it. Just emphasize on few important things which we are going to discuss in the below. Having taken those simple aspects into consideration may make your buying experience more enjoyable and simple. Let’s jump to the main topic
Understand what you require.
The first step is to determine your needs or requirements. If you are not aware of your needs well, then there is a good possibility of buying the wrong products at a wrong time with a good amount of investment. So, first and foremost, we recommend that you carefully consider your requirements when searching for a canon fd portrait lens. Just make a short list of your demands. This easy job will help you streamline your purchasing procedure. Because then you’ll know what you should prioritize and what you shouldn’t.
Budget vs. Cost
Budget is one of the most important issue to think about before you decide to buy anything. Any amount of price can be asked from you for your desired product. Basically company’s brand value and the manufaturing costs including raw materials, management, logistics and other operational costs mainly play the key role at the time of pricing a product. The higher quality you demand, the higher amount of money you may have to spend for that. This is the reason, budget matters so much. And your enlisted canon fd portrait lens couldn’t bypass this universal truth too.
People says, “Cut your coat, according to your cloth”. First of all, you can find out those products on the internet which you actually want. Analyze their prices and features thoroughly.Make a proper comparison among them through your observation and select one that you want. The biggest question may come to your mind at this point which is your pocket is ready to spent such amount of money to buy this canon fd portrait lens or not. If yes, then you don’t need to think twice. Just Go for it. If not, then go for an alternative which suits your budget and requirements both.
Choosing the Best Brand
Due to our psychological attachments, we are frequently prejudiced towards certain companies. But not everytime this practice results get good. However, there is no way to argue with the idea of relying on well-known brands. Because having enough cash in your pocket makes making decisions half as easy. But keep in mind that not every brand is appropriate for every situation. As a result, you must be extremely cautious while selecting the proper brand for your unique product.
There are two kinds of people. One is totally dependent on a specific brand, while the other is unworried. All he requires is the correct goods for the price he is paying. May be we are not aware of the category that you belong to.However, there are a few pointers that may be useful to both of you when it comes to selecting the best brand for the best product.
- Be sure, you know well about the Brand.
- Whatever the public is trying to say about this brand.
- Try to calculate the avarage rating score of your choosing products of that brand.
- Compare the features to what others offer.
- Are those features sufficient for your needs?
Take a look on the Features Part
You should check the features of a canon fd portrait lens first while purchasing it, no matter it is from online or offline. If you want to know about the product clearly, then this is the best way. That product is capable to meet your demands or not will be easily understood by you then.
The features part also help us to find out the differences with others very quickly. Then, using the features, you can compare it to similar products. By doing this simple task, you may get idea about the quality which will make it easier to take the final decision.
Check the Advantages and Disadvantages
Every product has its own set of benefits and drawbacks. Before we buy them, we must check them out carefully. So, keep yourself cool and figure out the negatives you expected from that canon fd portrait lens. Maybe it was made for you by another manufacturer. Just make sure you compare them before making your ultimate decision.
Most websites have a section for Pros and Cons. That section should be read with caution. If you have any more questions, simply contact them via email or phone.
Durability & Quality
Color, Style, Performance, Materials, and, most importantly, Durability all contribute to the overall quality of a product. You must consider the facts about ensuring quality while making a purchase. Remember, this is the reason you are paying for. The canon fd portrait lens you will get, is it valuable enough against the investment you are going to do? The quality you will get, is the answer of this question.
Warranty and Return Policy
Products are being produced by every manufaturers. Many of them ensures the higher quality as well. They are making us know those attributes by their creative advertisement too. Nothing is wrong yet. But let me remind about Warranty and After Sales Service. This thing is capable enough to make huge difference and for many, it’s a big deal yeah.
Facts like warranty, gurantee and return policies are so important that you should never ignore these. No matter how quality the product is, nobody can claim its eternity. We know that nothing lasts forever. But the insvestment you are going to for the canon fd portrait lens, don’t you expect a minimum return of value from that? That’s why don’t forget to be careful at the time of checking policies. You may get some companies who are so clever that they try to make people puzzled with their obscure and mystical policies. Never be hesitated to ask their delegate about the facts which are unintelligible and be clear every single thing.
Checking FAQ & Customer Reviews make your task easy
Checking customer reviews and FAQ answers are so savior of time that you can’t understand unless you try it. There comes some questons in our mind which are similar with the people asked before frequently, that is called FAQ or Frequently Asked Questions. Meanwhile Customer reviews brings the clear picture of user experiences of that specific product which they already went through.
If you want to get a clear idea of both, checking out those two things are must. There are few questions which doesn’t come into our mind normally, can also be found there. Your understanding ability of percieving about the usefulness of the canon fd portrait lens will be more sharp.
The final word is you need to be careful about considering the value that the canon fd portrait lens providing you against the price it has been asked for. Do you think it is worthy to pay so? Does it fulfill your desire or not? That’s the thing that should get the most importance we guess.
Hope you enjoyed the whole article which was actually a buying guide to assist you purchasing the best canon fd portrait lens. Nobody can be more happy than us if you find this a little of helpful to you. At the end of the day, if you are satisfied, then we will be happy.